The Tefal OptiGrill Elite XL with the model number “GC760D” is the big brother of the Tefal OptiGrill Elite (GC750D) from Tefal’s contact grill range.
The OptiGrill Elite XL – like the Tefal OptiGrill Plus XL (GC722D) – has a 33% larger grilling surface than the other models. This makes it perfect if you want to grill regularly for more than three people.
The most important at a glance
Quick check model
110 °C – 275 °C
in Manual Mode
(10 degree increments)
40 x 20 cm
OptiGrill Elite XL is the best choice for frequent grillers with big appetite or big family. Similar to the full-size models, it’s worth upgrading from the Plus version to the Elite version if perfect grilling results and great convenience are very important to you.
If the OptiGrill Elite XL is too expensive for you, you can also switch to the cheaper OptiGrill Plus XL (GC722D) with a clear conscience.
A direct comparison of all OptiGrill models can be found here: OptiGrill Buyer’s Guide
Differences from Tefal OptiGrill Plus XL
Touchscreen & Display
The most noticeable difference to the older XL model (GC722D) is the lid’s handle, in which a touchscreen and a small display have been installed in the Elite model. The step-by-step instructions on the display explain what is currently to be done.
Additional information on the display (e.g. a countdown that shows the exact duration until the next grilling level is reached) makes grilling even easier. The progress of the grill is shown completely on the display. In return, the pulsating light with the familiar color gradations on the right side is omitted.
Compared to the smaller Elite model, the OptiGrill Elite XL also offers a “back” button that makes it even easier to navigate through the menu items.
An activatable “Boost” mode provides stronger grill streaks and roast flavors, making it even closer to the result on a classic grill.
Temperature setting & timer in manual mode
In manual mode, both the exact temperature (in 10-degree increments) and a timer can be set via the display. This gives you even more control.
Additional grill programs
In addition, there are new preset programs for grilling potatoes, peppers, tomatoes and eggplants – for which you used to use the Manual mode. The Elite XL model offers a total of 16 grilling programs, including a special program for veggie burgers.
The “refill” function makes it possible to refill the OptiGrill directly after the first grilling cycle without having to restart the contact grill or the program.
- The automatic grill programs grill the selected food at the optimal temperature.
- The OptiGrill automatically detects how thick the food is. In combination with the selected program, it can then calculate the perfect grilling time. During grilling, it displays the current cooking level.
- With the defrosting program, even frozen foods can be prepared on the contact grill without further effort.
- The grill plates of the OptiGrill are non-stick and very high quality & durable.
- The OptiGrill is tilted slightly downwards at the front. This allows grease or other liquid produced during grilling to drain easily – directly into the juice collection tray under the grill.
- The grill plates and juice collection tray can be easily removed and cleaned in the dishwasher – eliminating the need to scrub the grill grate after grilling.
Available grill programs
Beef / Steak
Burger / Minced Steak
Sandwich / Panini
(10 degree steps)
Size comparison: OptiGrill Elite XL vs. OptiGrill Elite
The grilling surface of the Tefal OptiGrill Elite XL is 40 x 20 cm. The grill plate is 10 cm longer than that of the OptiGrill Elite.
Compared to the full-size OptiGrill Elite, the XL version offers a 33% larger grill plate.
Thus, the OptiGrill Elite XL is particularly suitable if you want to grill regularly for more than 3 people.
FAQ – Frequently asked questions
|Tefal XA7278 OptiGrill+ XL Backschale | geeignet für alle OptiGrill+ XL Modelle | 2 Liter...||330 Bewertungen||99,20 EUR||Bei Amazon kaufen|
Please note: The baking tray with the model number “XA7268” is not compatible with the OptiGrill Elite XL (GC760D) – but only with the OptiGrill Plus XL (GC722D).
There are no compatible waffle plates for the OptiGrill Elite XL (GC760D).
Price & Availability
Tefal OptiGrill Elite XL has been available since November 2020.
- Elektrischer Kontaktgrill mit intelligenter Technologie: Misst die Dicke und Anzahl der Zutaten und passt Garzeit und Grillzyklus vollautomatisch an
- Große Vielfalt: 16 voreingestellte Programme, ein manueller Modus, ein Zusatzmodus für gefrorene Zutaten und der Grillboost für extra knusprige Grillstreifen lassen keine Wünsche offen
The recommended retail price (RRP) for the new OptiGrill model is 409.99 euros. In the meantime, the real selling price is under 350 euros. You can find a current price comparison at idealo.de: Tefal OptiGrill Elite XL at Idealo*.
Tefal OptiGrill Elite XL in video
You can get a good first impression of the new OptiGrill Elite XL in this video from OptiGriller.
In another video you can see the new grill programs of the OptiGrill Elite XL in test:
The user manual for the Elite XL model can be found here: Instruction Manual Tefal OptiGrill Elite XL
More OptiGrill models
Letzte Aktualisierung am 2022-11-29 / Affiliate Links / Bilder von der Amazon Product Advertising API